03 July 2009

songs for keeping the watch: night 06

scaffolding goes up. an unlovely word. in my habit of lexicon i isolate
a pronoun. possessive. reflexive. undeclined. it is the city of god,

alabaster, lapis lazuli. your white (very white) skin: radiant/ snowblind.
how adjectival. i mouth verbs to myself, humming. release the handbrake.

linear sprawl. intersection, interstice. crawl. ornate my minutiae, future
simple (tense). i shall have had. it will have been. finish the sentence. i

of & for but away from you, going out/returning scratchpattern of gyroscope &
compass & now we're getting somewhere i draughtsman drink deep (my saline

converter my solar panel) the road is steep, the muscles loose with love
& whiplash tearaway. a young night. profligate i pour & droplets scatter,

catch, patter. i recognize the series. there you are. i climb the lattice.

No comments: